Kananaskis Sibbald Area / Pine Woods Loop Foray
Date: Thursday, September 22, 2022 PM Foray
Location: Kananaskis Park / Sibbald Area / Pine Woods Loop
Foray Leader(s): Christine Costello and Barb Shworak
Weather: Hot, dry conditions
Terrain: Trails through poplar and conifer forest in the foothills
During this foray, only a few mushrooms were found due to the dry (lack of rain) conditions.
The following specimens were identified:
- Leccinum sp. (scaber stalk)
- Lactarius deliciosus group (saffron milk cap)
- Lactarius torminosus (wooly milkcap)
- Pluteus cervinus (deer mushroom)
- Clavariadelphus truncatus (club coral)
- Lycoperson perlatum (common puffball)
- Russula sp.