Porcupine Hills Foray
Date: Sunday, October 2, 2022 (3 hours)
Location: Porcupine Hills Public Land Use Zone
Foray Leader(s): Christine Costello and Barb Shworak
Weather: Warm, sunny, area has received some rain in the last few days
Terrain: Hilly area with valleys and mixed poplar conifer forest
Quite late in the season but still warm with little snow. Not too much variety but a number mushrooms of note were found; mainly shrimp brittlegill and velvet foot / enoki.
The following specimens were identified:
- Russula xerampelina (shrimp brittlegill)
- Flammulina velutipes (velvet foot / enoki)
- Gompidius glutinosus (slimy spike cap)
- Cortinarius sp.
- Clavariadelphus ligula (club coral)
- Lactarius deliciosus group (saffron milk cap)