For first time and beginner Foray Hosts, the Alberta Mycological Society will provide guidance and a helper until Foray Hosts feel comfortable on their own. If you’re interested, contact our Foray Coordinator at email@example.com. Below is the list of the duties the Foray Host fulfills:
- Plans the date, time, site, and meeting location
- Submit an online Foray Host Request (refer to Foray Host Toolkit)
- Receives and confirms foray participant registration with specified contact details
(refer to Foray Host Toolkit)
- Check to make sure everyone is a paid AMS member
(which assures they will be covered under our insurance, and considered waiver agreement)
- Maintains a participant list (signs participants in/out at the foray)
- Provides group welcome/orientation at the foray (refer to Foray Host Toolkit)
- With the help of a Foray Leader, record a list of the identified/suspected mushrooms
- Submit the simple online Foray Report form in a timely manner (refer to Foray Host Toolkit)
- Contact the Foray Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions.
- You can find all the forms by scrolling to the bottom of this page (past the Foray Leader description).
Foray Coordinators will need to provide an email that interested participants can RSVP to. If you’re comfortable hosting a foray or you’re already a Foray Host, and you would like to host a foray, fill out our very brief Foray Host Request Form here!