Annual General Meeting
This year the Annual General Meeting (AGM) will be held on March 23rd at the Ital-Canadian Seniors Association Drop-In Centre in central Edmonton.
New this year is a combined in-person and Zoom meeting to be held at no charge. The Centre opens to the membership at 1:00 p.m. and the AGM starts at 1:30 p.m. Refreshments will be provided. The AGM will be held in accordance with the Society Bylaws and will include
- Reports on the work of the Society in 2023
- The 2023 Audited Financial Statements
- Elections of board members – there are vacancies on the board. Nominate yourself or another member by completing this nomination form.
- Guests include:
- Toby Spribille, Ph.D. Associate Professor, University of Alberta
- Ethan Zapach, Winner of the NAMA/AMS Scholarship
- Dilini Adihetty, Winner of the Alberta Mycological Society Graduate Award with the University of Alberta
- AMS Merchandise will be available for sale
- Advance RSVP is required. Click here to register for AGM
Later, also on March 23, 2024, at the Ital-Canadian Seniors Association Drop-In Centre, the President’s Dinner will start at 6:00 p.m. This year the dinner is priced at $75 and will feature a Mushroom-Themed Royal Buffet. This is cost recovery price! We need 75 attendees to break even! Come one, come all. Support the AMS with your presence and camaraderie.
Activities at the President’s Dinner include:
- A video presentation by Jeff Nash, Communications Specialist, GoA
- A speaking presentation by Melanie Jones, Ph.D. Ectomycorrhizal fungi and their many roles in forests – insights from 40 years of research
- More AMS Merchandise available for sale
- Presentation of the President’s Award
- Maybe some surprises as well
Click here to register for President’s Dinner